One volume of Waka poetry was made for each of thirty-six famous poets Many kinds of ryōshi such as dyed paper (somegami), printed paper (karakmi), patched paper (tsugi-gami) and paper decorated with gold and silver foil are used for these classic works.
The feature of these ryōshi is that the whole surface of ryōshi is covered with designs of butterflies, birds and autumn flowers.
- What is Kana ryōshi ?
- Sorts of Kana ryōshi and processing methods
- Dyed paper (Somegami)
- Printed paper (Karakami)
- Paper decorated with gold or silver foil (Haku-sōshokugami)
- Patched paper (Tsugigami)
- Other technique
- Kana-ryōshi for writing classic works of calligraphy (Kohitsu)
- Decchōbon Wakan rō-eishū (Collection of Japanese and Chinese Verses)
- Patched square of paper (Tsugi-shikishi)
- Kansubon-kokinshū (poetry anthology)
- Nishi-honganji-bon Sanjyū-rokunin-kashū (The Honganji Anthology of Thirty-six Poets)
- Genji-monogatari-emaki (a picture scroll of Tale of Genji)