Original ryōshi is paper in which fibers of indigo blue and purple color are mixed in the process of papermaking.These fibers look like small clouds brown in the wind.
Here a printing brush is effectively used to express those flying clouds.
Rough mica powder is scattered over the surface of paper.
- What is Kana ryōshi ?
- Sorts of Kana ryōshi and processing methods
- Dyed paper (Somegami)
- Printed paper (Karakami)
- Paper decorated with gold or silver foil (Haku-sōshokugami)
- Patched paper (Tsugigami)
- Other technique
- Kana-ryōshi for writing classic works of calligraphy (Kohitsu)
- Decchōbon Wakan rō-eishū (Collection of Japanese and Chinese Verses)
- Patched square of paper (Tsugi-shikishi)
- Kansubon-kokinshū (poetry anthology)
- Nishi-honganji-bon Sanjyū-rokunin-kashū (The Honganji Anthology of Thirty-six Poets)
- Genji-monogatari-emaki (a picture scroll of Tale of Genji)